Time to see how terrifying men find that idea. And I'm asking this question seriously. IMO:
1) If a woman didn't get a guy's consent before having sex, and there's no serious harm or STDs or a resulting kid to deal with... I'm not sure the guy would consider it a huge deal.
Especially not if she was decent looking... The male worldview doesn't have lots of ideas around the rape of men by women being a horrible and catastrophic thing for a guy embedded in it.
If women try to tell us in an extension of the ideas of equality, that a woman having sex with a man without expressly getting his consent beforehand, is super horrible - Don't think that would convince most of us to see it that way.
2) Saying that you got raped as a guy, is almost definitely not worth the resulting disruption for a guy. Especially if it was by a woman... Because nothing that other guys consider particularly bad or worth noticing actually happened... And from a male perspective means that you're basically asking for attention, of the same kind that women get on saying they've been raped.
Most men are not naturally protective of men the way we are of women. Asking to be treated like a woman that has been raped, for having been raped by a woman - would not get you taken seriously - if you didn't get laughed at for bringing it up and trying to make a large emotional issue of it.
So (straight) guys, who finds the idea of unexpectedly or even somewhat forcefully being made to have sex with a woman without getting formal agreement, maybe while you're drunk, particularly horrifying and highly punishable when say: No physical harm happens, you don't get STDs, and she doesn't end up pregnant - so no long term real world consequences?
(Instead of assuming that she's pretty or ordinary, we can also assume that she isn't attractive if you prefer)
Or to make it simpler: If you remove the word rape and look at:
1) A woman forcing a man to have sex with her.
2) A woman not getting a guy's consent before having sex with him where he doesn't expressly refuse.
3) A woman ignoring a man's refusal of consent before and / or during having sex with him.
Assume no relevant laws currently exist: What punishment do you honestly think these women deserve for these acts, and what support do you think the men deserve for having had those experiences?
Or, another way to simplify thinking about this: Imagine a woman you find repulsive managing to somehow have sex with you without you being okay with it.
Would you prefer:
a) Forget this nonsense ever happened - and definitely not discuss this with anyone.
b) I'm gonna punch her in the face.
c) She should go to jail for a week, and maybe do some community service.
d) She should go to jail for a month, and maybe do some community service.
e) She should go to jail for a year.
f) She should do hard time for a year.
g) She should be exiled from the country.
h) She should be put on pills that kill her sex drive and be forced to take them.
i) She should be forced into a sex change operation (this idea could be a problem)
j) She should be killed.
k) I should kill her myself.
Zsych, INTJ forum 17 Comments
[10/31/2015 3:09:34 PM]
Fundie Index: 15